Recipes by Chef Tony Miller
Coconut Milk Ceviche
• 16 oz Fresh Fish of Choice (small diced)
• 18 oz Coconut Papaya Milk
3 ea Fresno Chili Slices
• 3 ea Radish (shaved)
• Micro Cilantro (garnish)
• Sea Salt to taste
• Taro chips
Coconut Papaya Milk Recipe:
• 12 oz can Coconut Milk
• 1 ea Papaya (seeded, skinned and diced)
• ½ ea Fresno Chili (sliced)
• 2 ea Juice and Zest of Lime
• Salt to taste
Directions: To prepare the papaya coconut milk combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. If it comes out too thick small amount of water can be added to thin out.
To finish the dish: Combine fish with salt and mix well until salt is dissolved and fish has picked up the seasoning. Add coconut papaya milk and mix well.
To Serve: Place ceviche in a bowl. Garnish with slices of chilies, thin shaved radish, and micro cilantro. Serve with Taro chips on the side and enjoy!
Furikake Crusted Ahi Sandwich
• 2 ea 4-4.5 oz Fresh Ahi, cut 1" thick steak
• 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
• Furikake + Bubu Arare to dredge
• 2 ea Sesame Seed Bun
• 4 tbsp Micro Mizuna
• 4 tbsp Micro Wasabina
• 2 ea Tomato Slice
• 1 oz ea Sandwich Japanese Curry Tartar Sauce
• Salt and Pepper to taste
Recipe for Curry Tartar Sauce:
• 2 oz Mayo
• 1 tbsp Caper (chopped)
• 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
• 2 tbsp Japanese Curry Powder
• 2 tbsp Micro Shiso (rough cut)
Directions for Tartar sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
To prepare fish: Lightly season fish with sea salt and pepper. Place on furikake arare crust and dredge. Press into the flesh firmly and set aside for 1-2 mins to allow crust to adhere. Preheat sauté pan on med heat (6-7 on a standard range top) Sear fish to desired doneness and set aside. Place tartar sauce on top and bottom of buns, place tomato on bottom bun. Place fish on top and place half of each micro greens on top. Cover with top bun and enjoy.
Kale Quinoa Salad
• 1 cup Kale, Chiffonade
• 1 cup Quinoa (cooked to directions)
¼ cup Strawberries (tops off, quartered)
• ¼ cup Blueberries
• ¼ cup Feta Crumbles
• ½ cup Pea Tendril
• 1 tbsp Roasted Almonds, Chopped
• 2 oz Acai Berry Vinaigrette
• Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to taste
• 2 oz Acai Puree
• 1 tbsp Local Honey
• 2 oz Rice Vinegar
• 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
• 2 tbsp Micro Mint
• 1 tbsp Micro Basil
• 4 oz Sunflower Oil
In a blender combine all ingredients except for oil. Blend until smooth. Slowly add in oil and emulsify. Set aside.
Directions: In a medium mixing bowl combine all ingredients and toss until lightly coated with dressing. Place into an appropriate serving vessel and serve
Side note: quinoa is an edible seed in the beetroot, spinach and amaranth family. It is not a grain and is not wheat (gluten) based. It is very healthy and high in protein (packing a whopping 14.7 grams of protein for every 100g of cooked weight (14.7 percent).
Recipes by Chef Zach Laidlaw
Vegetable Stir Fry (Yields 3-4 people)
- Vegetable Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Baby Bok Choy - 1 each (sliced)
- Carrots - ½ Cup (sliced)
- Scallion - ¼ Cup (sliced)
- Green Beans - 1 Cup cut in half
- Chinese Cabbage- Half (chopped)
- Radish- ¼ cup (sliced)
- Zucchini- 1 Cup (sliced)
- Sweet Peppers- ¾ Cup (sliced)
- Garlic- 2 teaspoons (minced)
- Ginger- 1 teaspoon (minced)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Thai Basil- Garnish
- Optional Additions: Mushrooms, Onions, Celery, Snap Peas, Broccoli, Baby Corn
- Vegetable Broth- ¼ cup
- Soy Sauce- ¼ cup
- Honey- 3 Tablespoons
- Cornstarch- 2 teaspoons
- Heat the vegetable oil in large pan over medium high heat. Add the carrots and cook for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add baby bok choy, green beans, scallion, chinese cabbage, radish, zucchini, sweet peppers and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cook for additional 5 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 min. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, whisk together the vegetable broth, soy sauce, honey.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the vegetables and cook for 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch with a tablespoon of Cold water.
- Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute or sauce just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately, over rice or noodles if desired. Garnish with Thai Basil!
- Make sure your vegetables are cut into similar sized pieces, so they’ll cook at the same rate.
- Vegetable Stir Fry can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days which makes it a great option for meal prep.
- Vegetable Stir Fry is a healthy option and easy way to get your nutrients. It Contains plenty of vitamins and minerals.
- Add Protein; Chicken, Beef, Shrimp, Tofo
- Add Nuts; cashews, almonds, peanuts
Beet and Cambozola Salad
- Red & Yellow Beets- 1 each (roasted, peeled, cut in quarters)
- Cambozola Cheese- 2oz
- Arugula- 3oz
- Frisee- 2oz
- Walnuts- ½ cup (roasted)
- Micro Watercress- 1oz
Dressing: Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Local Honey- 2 Tbsp
- Dijon Mustard- 1 Tbsp
- Stone Ground Mustard- 1 Tbsp
- Olive Oil- ¼ cup
- Lemon Juice- 1 lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Procedure for Dressing:
- Place all ingredients in a resealable glass jar and shake well.
- Check for seasoning and adjust.
- Serve over salad immediately or store in refrigerator up to 7 days.
- Micro Arugula- 3 cups
- Micro Basil- 3 cups
- Pine Nuts- ½ cup
- Parmesan Cheese- ½ cup
- Olive Oil- ¾ cup
- Lemon- ¼ lemon
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Salt- 1 tea
- Toast pine nuts in saute pan on medium-low heat until golden. Transfer into food processor.
- Add Parmesan and garlic to food processor, pulse until finely ground.
- Next, add micro Arugula & micro Basil
- With the motor running, slowly add your oil until pesto is mostly smooth.
- Then season with salt and a squeeze of lemon. And Enjoy!
Pickled Red Onions
- Red Onion- 2 large (Sliced)
- Micro Cilantro- .5oz
- Galic cloves- 4
- Water- 3 cups
- Apple Cider Vinegar- 1 ¼ cup
- Cumin Seeds- 1 Tbs
- Mustard Seeds-1 Tbs
- Black Peppercorn- 1 tea
- Bay Leaf- 2
- Sugar- 3Tbs
- Salt- 2Tbs
- Slice Red Onion then add to 2 mason Jars along with micro Cilantro and Garlic.
- Add all other ingredients in saucepan, bring to boil then remove from heat.
- Pour liquid over the red onions in mason jars.
- Seal Lid, refrigerate
- Best use after 3 days up to a month
• 110g Sugar
• 60g Eggs
• 75g Flour
• 1.5g Salt
• 2g Baking Soda
• ¼ tsp Baking Powder
• ¼ tsp Ginger Powder
• ½ tsp Cinnamon
• 24g Vegetable Oil
• 140g Carrots (Grated)
• 20g Orange Juice
• ½ Orange - Orange Zest
• 100g Unsalted Butter (room temp)
• 210g Cream Cheese Icing (room temp)
• 135g Sugar
• ¼ tsp Salt
• ¼ cup Micro Carrot Top
• ½ tsp Vanila Bean Paste
• ¼ of Orange - Orange Zest
Procedure for Cake:
1. In a large bowl mix sugar and eggs with a hand mixer until white and fluffy.
2. Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, fold in.
3. Then add spices along with the grated carrots, mix gently.
4. Add orange juice and orange zest and oil, mix.
5. On one side of parchment paper grease and stick to the inside of the pan. Pour batter 2/3rds full.
6. Bake at 320 degrees fahrenheit for 30 mins.
Procedure for Frosting:
1. Finely chop micro carrot top.
2. Mix all ingredients in bowl with a hand mixer.
Wild Mushroom Rissoto
• 4 oz Arborio Rice (dry)
•1 tbs Shallot (minced)
•1 tbs Garlic (minced)
•1 cup White Burgundy
•1 quart Veg Stock
•4 oz Mushroom Medley (sautéed)
•1/2 cup Mascarpone Cheese
• Truffle Oil (drizzle for garnish)
•.5 oz Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
•.2 oz Fresh Rosemary
•.3 oz Fresh Thyme
•.2 oz Fresh Parsley
• Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1. In Saucepan toast arborio rice with shallot, garlic, butter.
2. Deglaze the pan with white burgundy, until the wine is almost gone.
3. Then add your veg stock slowly, little by little just covering the rice.
4. Add your cooked mushrooms and herbs, mix well.
5. Fold in your mascarpone cheese and parmesan cheese.
6. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
7. Finish off the dish with a nice dash of truffle oil.
Microgreen Chimichurri Sauce
•1 cup Olive Oil
•¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
• 2 Garlic Clove (minced)
•½ Fresno Chili (small dice)
•1 tsp Micro Mint (chopped)
•1 tbsp Micro Cilantro (chopped)
• 1 tsp Micro Wasabina (chopped)
• 2 tsp Fresh Thyme (chopped)
•1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
•1 pinch Kosher Salt
1. Rough chop microgreens and fresh thyme.
2. Mince garlic, small dice Fresno chili.
3. Combine all ingredients and stir.